Poison Prevention Sites on the Web
Here are some sites that we can look at for resources for Poison Prevention already on the Web, as well as examples (both good and bad) of the site design.
- Poison Prevention (This site has a link to a "Family Safety Check" which uses forms and cgi to ask parent questions. I imagine, based on the answers being write or wrong, the correct information can be sent to the parent.) From the Safe Kids Are No Accident, the National Safe Kids Campaign.
- Poison Prevention Publications (Site from "The Consumer Products Safety Commission" specifically for poison prevention)
- Poison Center Information and Resources (Good Site. Has a compilation of Hot Sites for poison prevention by State.) From the School of Pharmacy, Northeast Louisiana University; sponsored by the American Association of Poison Control Centers and the Louisiana Drug and Poison Information Center.
- Poison Prevention Video Loan Program (This site has info for borrowing videos about poison prevention. One video features a clown as the storyteller.) From the University of California at San Diego: Regional Poison Center (Good Site! Has links to numerous poison control centers)
- Poison First Aid Kit (Site details what first aid items to have at home for accidental poisoning) From Heads Up! Products. This site homepage has a picture of a cross-section of a house with labels for health hazards.
- Home Safety Tips (Site that provides examples of how to child proof (poison proof) a home.) From Childproofers of St. Louis, Inc.
- Poison Prevention (Not as useful of a site. They do include *alcoholic beverages* in their list of poisons. There are links from this site as well.) From ParentsPlace, the Parenting Resource Center on the Web.
- New Jersey Poison Information and Education System (Site from the state of New Jersey. They make a good point about *babysitters* and poison prevention.)
- Poison Prevention & Safety (Good site for poison prevention tips (again useful for parents)) Contains Disclaimer. From Healthtouch® online.
- Poison Prevention Week 1996 House Bill (Site which actually has poison prevention week legislature (possibly useful for extracting parent information) cool to read!)
Send your Evaluation! What do you think about the sites listed here? Click here to send us your feedback on the sites listed above.
Return to Contents
Revised: October 18, 1996
Copyright ©1996 The University of Michigan
Send comments or queries to Carl Berger or Rosalind Kam