Publishers and vendors who plan to mount book exhibits at the Annual Meeting of the American Oriental Society may choose from two options:
1. Publishers and vendors may mount their own exhibits. In this case the cost for exhibit space is $250 per 8' table (payable to the AOS in advance of the meeting). We shall send an invoice for payment for exhibit space upon request. It is responsibility of the exhibitor to manage the exhibit, including setup, security, take-down, and removal of discarded materials. We also request that exhibitors follow our book exhibit tradition of selling exhibited books at the conclusion of the meeting to those in attendance at a discount. We provide the exhibit space and equipment (tables, chairs, etc.).
To reserve exhibit space and request an invoice for payment, please email the Office of the Secretary: email@example.com
The address to which books should be sent for the 2013 exhibit is:
Portland Hilton & Executive Tower
American Oriental Society
Annual Meeting 15-18 March 2013
921 SW Sixth Avenue Portland, Oregon, 97204, USA
2. Exhibit with Scholar's Choice, who runs the main combined book exhibit every year, and deal with them.
Mary Lynn Howe
The Scholar’s Choice
25 Franklin St. # 1260
Rochester, NY 14604
voice 585-262-2048 x.111
Book Exhibit Hours
• Friday morning: 10;00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (setup)
• Friday afternoon: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
• Saturday morning: 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
• Saturday afternoon: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
• Sunday morning: 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
• Sunday afternoon: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
• Monday morning: 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Hours and set-up can begin any time after 9:30am on Friday 15 March 2013.
The Registration and Book Exhibit area will be closed and locked after 5:00 p.m. each day of the meeting.
Online Program of the meeting is available beginning in mid-January 2013 at:
Please note that for security of the books and registration materials, the Book Exhibit room will be locked each day at 5:00PM for the day. Members in attendance and book exhibitors are requested to leave the room promptly at closing times.
A listing of those registered for attendance is available beginning in mid-January 2013 at:
Advertisements in the Program booklet are accepted at a rate of $250.00 for a full-page ad. To fit the full page of the Program, hard copy or PDF files must be slightly smaller than W 4.25in X H 6.75in in size.