OF THE ARMY
Duties:As an Instructor/Assistant Professor in the Department of Foreign Languages, you will develop, design, direct and teach undergraduate introductory, intermediate and advanced language courses in Chinese. You will demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate education and expertise in instructional technology. You will lead and guide student research and provide academic counseling and mentorship to the undergraduate students (cadets) at the US Military Academy.
All U. S. citizens and Nationals with allegiance
to the United States.
APPOINTMENT/WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time, 3 year appointment
in the excepted service, beginning on or about 30 June 2014.
Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States.
Salary: Competitive, salary is commensurate with qualifications and
experience. For those possessing a terminal degree, a determination of
Academic Rank will be made IAW the policies and procedures of the USMA
Promotion and Credentialing Committee. Qualification Requirements: Minimal
educational requirements: Applicants must hold a bachelor's or higher degree
that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a
subject matter field appropriate to the position (Chinese) or have a
combination of education and experience (courses equivalent to a major in
education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus
appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge
comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of
the 4-year course of study described above). Selective Placement
Factors/Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA's): Applicants will be evaluated
on the following: 1) academic accomplishment in Chinese (Ph.D. preferred); 2)
native or near-native fluency in Chinese and English; 3) promise or evidence
of excellence in teaching at the college level; 4) commitment to
high-quality undergraduate education. Other Information: In order to receive
full consideration, complete application packages should be received by the
closing date of 28, February, 2014. Submit the following to the address below:
1) Cover Letter; 2) Curriculum Vitae; 3) Official Academic Transcripts; 4)
Three Letters of Recommendation; 5) DD214, if claiming veteran's preference;
6) Copy of sponsor's Permanent Change of Station orders, if claiming
military spouse preference Mail to: United States Military Academy,
Department of Foreign Languages, ATTN: Mrs. Rose Maresco, West Point, New
York 10996. For information contact: Mrs. Rose Maresco, (845) 938-3152,
· Click here for details on the education requirements and examples of qualifying courses for this position.
· The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
· Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered
for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
· To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/fas/staffing/pdf/rem_ann.pdf
· Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Change of Station (PCS) expenses are not authorized.
· Personnel security investigation required.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Official college or university transcript must be submitted with your resume.
· Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at time of application.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
· One year
trial/probationary period may be required.
· Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
· Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
Point of Contact: Department of Foreign Languages, (845) 938-3152, email@example.com