May 14, 2013
© University of Michigan
- Welcome summer students Kevin Durand, Rachel Choi and Burke Gao! Congratulations to Kevin and Rachel on winning UM Department of Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships, and congratulations to Burke on being selected for the UM REU Program in the Chemical Sciences.
- The Biteen Lab has two more "permanent" PhD students: Chanrith Siv and Bing Fu. We're glad you'll be sticking around!
- Congratulations to Dave, Hannah, Bing, Jessica and Yi on winning travel awards for the University of Toronto Chemical Biophysics Symposium!
- Congratulations to Beth Haas on having a winning poster at the 2013 UM Biophysics Symposium!
- Congratulations to Dr. Hannah Tuson on winning an NSF Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Biology (PRFB)!
- Congratulations to Dave Rowland on passing his candidacy exam!
- Congratulations to Jessica Donehue on winning the Susan Lipschutz Award, which recognizes students who have demonstrated exceptional scholarly achievement, a sense of social responsibility and service, and a lively interest in promoting the success of women in the academic community!
- Welcome new lab member Applied Physics rotator Ben Isaacoff!
- Congratulations to Dr. Esther Wertz on winning the PicoQuant Young Investigator Award at the SPIE Photonics West Meeting!
JSB receives a NSF CAREER Award for Increasing the Power of Single-Molecule Bio-Imaging with Plasmon-Enhanced Fluorescence!
- Welcome new lab members: postdoc Dr. Hannah Tuson and Chemistry rotation student Bing Fu and UM Biomolecular Science major Kevin Durand!