RULES and PRIZES:
1. Please submit your work anonymously in the following format: include your translation without your name; a copy of the original text you have translated; and a cover page with your name, the title and author of the original text, your contact information (email, phone number, address, and department), and whether your entry is for the undergraduate or graduate level.
2. Submissions are due April 2, 2012 to the Comparative Literature Office in 2015 Tisch (2nd Floor).
3. All submissions will be judged anonymously by a panel of faculty members from Classics, Comparative Literature, English, and related departments.
4. Students affiliated with any UM department are eligible.
5. All work should consist of original translations/interpretations of works from Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, or Latin.
6. Original works may be in prose or verse and translations may be in prose, verse, or other format, such as multi-media.
7. Maximum length of written submissions is five double-spaced pages.
8. In each category (undergraduate and graduate), the prizes will be gift certificates to a local bookstore of $100 each.
9. Winners will be invited to present their translations at the annual Classics Department awards ceremony
on April 17, 2012.