Michigan Women’s Justice & Clemency Project works to free women prisoners who were convicted of murder but who acted in self-defense against abusers and did not receive due process or fair trials; and to conduct public education and advocacy for justice, human rights and humane alternatives to incarceration for women.
DEMAND FREEDOM NOW!
For battered women prisoners who defended their lives!
• Write the parole board: PO Box 30003 Lansing MI 48909
• Write the Governor: Rick Snyder, PO Box 30013, Lansing MI 48909
• Write your legislators
• Self Defense Law should reflect women's experience, especially battered women survivors.
• Sentencing guidelines should mitigate sentences of battered women survivors.
• Mandatory education on domestic violence should be required for all judges, prosecutors, police, parole board, correctional personnel.
• End 4 point chaining and other torture in Michigan prisons.
Director: Carol Jacobsen, Professor, University of Michigan, email@example.com
Legal Director: Lynn D’Orio, Attorney
Founder: Susan Fair, MS