Re: Win32 Libldap

Mark Smith (mcs@umich.edu)
Tue, 30 May 1995 11:39:43 -0400

>From: gpssc@avila.inesc.pt (Goncalo Cunha)
> To: ldap@umich.edu
>
> I'm developing a client application that needs to acess to a X.500 server.
> The information i need to extract from the server can be larger than 64K.
> I would apreciate if someone could help me with libldap.
>
> 1. Can someone point me the sources of libldap (3.0 or 3.1)?
> My target platform is Windows 95, and I use VisualC++.
> (It's very important that the sources support server's response packets
> above 64K !)

The libldap source code is available as part of the larger U-M LDAP
implementation, which is here:

ftp://terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu/ldap/ldap.tar.Z

Changes for 32-bit operation under Windows are included, although not
widely tested.

> 2. Or, can someone send me libldap32.dll (with the necessary lib and include
> files) so that I can use it in my project?
> (I'm developing in Windows 95 and I use VisualC++ 2.0)

NASA has made 32-bit DLLs available as part of their work on WDUA. Look
here:

ftp://centaur.arc.nasa.gov/HTTP/WDUA/

Note that all of this can be found by looking at the LDAP WWW page, here:

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/ldap/

-Mark