maX.500 2.1.1 Release Notes
Return to the maX.500 Home Page
maX.500 version 2.1.1 is now available. A fairly complete list of changes in
maX.500 2.1.1 is included in a README in the distribution, but here are a
- maX.500 is now a fat application that runs native on 68K and PPC Macs.
- A completely new Browse window has been implemented. Please try
- maX.500 is "OpenTransport Ready" (it uses the new OpenTransport APIs).
- URL support is greatly enhanced; Netscape is now the default WWW
- Fields containing many values can now be edited more reliably.
- An option to "Find and Add" group members by Uniqname is available.
- The Preferences interface has been completely overhauled.
- maX.500 will now (optionally) use the Internet Config system.
- Many interface tweaks, including support for Shift-Tab in entry display
windows and use of Option-Close to close all windows of the same kind.
- Various bugs have been fixed.
- maX.500 now requires MacOS System 7.0 or later.
Download maX.500 2.1.1
Please note that maX.500 2.1.1 is identical to 2.1, except that a bug
that prevented printing from working on PowerMacs was fixed.
Send comments about this page to: