EECS 381 - Object-Oriented and Advanced Programming - Winter 2014
Lecture: TTh 3:00 - 5:00, 1014 DOW
(There is no scheduled "Discussion" section, only a "Lecture" section).
- David Kieras
- 3641 Beyster Building
eecs381help at the usual umich and edu address
kieras at the usual umich and edu address
Sample Exam Questions These illustrate the style of questions likely to be on
the exams. These questions are drawn from previous midterms and finals. This is not intended as a study guide because the questions
do not correspond with any particular exam's coverage. Do not ask for answers to these questions or additional sample questions;
this is not a study guide; it is just an illustration of the kinds of questions likely to be on an exam.
Course Resource Materials
Project Grading and Evaluation
General Project Help
Individual Project Information
Links to Project documents and materials are listed here when ready.
Programming Environments for this Course - using C and C++11
General Programming Environment Information and FAQs
Useful Links to C/C++ Information and Resources
- comp.lang.c's C Programming FAQs - excellent!
- Stroustrup's C++11 FAQ. Quick overview of C++11 features.
- Sutter's Mill Herb Sutter on software, hardware, and concurrency. One of the great Gurus.
- Andrzej's C++ blog. Another one of the great Gurus.
- Standard C++. (isocpp.org) News, Status, & Discussion about Standard C++. A good resource, but not introductory level.
- C++ FAQs Lite - excellent, but not yet fully updated for C++11.
- cppreference - A relatively new C and C++ reference site. Looks pretty good, but accuracy not yet clear.
- Bjarne Stroustrup's home page - fun to read, and with lots of good information.
- Association of C and C++ Users. Good links, huge collection of book reviews.
- Boost - a collection of C++ libraries, including those likely to become part of the Standard Library in the future
Examples of other Coding Standards (Not usable for this course)
- The Code Project A Windows-centric site on technical and professional software development topics. Informative and fun daily news feed.
- Being a Programmer A Code Project article with good advice for the new professional programmer.
Interesting and Fun Links