1. ESA-UM New Website Development
2. ESA-UM Members/Alumni Database Development
- Committee Members: Mahmoud Hussein (chair), Alaa Ahmed.
- Results: New ESA-UM website was launched May 24th, 2000.
3. ESA-UM 1999-2000 Annual Book Campaign
- Committee Members: Ihab Ismail (chair), Mahmoud Hussein.
- Results: Initial planning completed. To be implemented in the future.
4. Contribution to ESA-NA Egyptian Professors Information Project
- Committee Members: Hosam Fathy (chair), Khaled Sallam,
- Results: ESA-UM sent its first shipment on May 3rd, 2000, consisting
of 94 books. The second shipment was sent May 25th, 2000, and included 23 books. This year's recipient was
Cairo University. Names of books are recorded in spreadsheet form and kept in the ESA-UM binder, held
by the president.
5. ESA-UM Participation in the 1999 ESA-NA General Assembly
- Committee Members: Hosam Fathy.
- Results: A list of the names and addresses of 23 North America-based
Egyptian professors was provided.
6. ESA-UM Fall-1999 & Winter-2000 Social Gatherings
- Results: Khaled Sallam and Hatem Orban represented ESA-UM at the
convention and submitted a report on the visit. This report is kept in the ESA-UM binder, held by
- Fall-1999 Organizing Committee Members: Mahmoud Hussein,
Hatem Orban, Beshir Barakat.
- Winter-2000 Organizing Committee Members: Mahmoud Hussein,
Hatem Orban, Khaled Sallam.
- Results: The Fall-1999 gathering took place at the UM Family Housing
Community Center (North Campus) on October 23rd, 1999. The Winter-2000 gathering took place at the
Hampton Inn on March 17th, 2000.