After completing Chapter 14 of the text and associated CD ROM material the reader will be able to:
- Describe the tanks-in-series and dispersion one parameter models.
- Describe how to obtain the mean residence time and variance to calculate the number of tanks-in-series and the Peclet number.
- Calculate Peclet numbers and dispersion coefficients using literature correlations and experimental RTD data
- Calculate the conversion for a first order reaction taking place in a tubular reactor with dispersion.
- Use COMSOL Multiphysics to solve model equations for axial and radial dispersion
- Describe how to use combinations of ideal rectors to model a real reactor and how to use tracer data to determine the model parameters.