Chapter 8: Multiple Reactions
Additional Homework Problems
- CDGA 8-1 Industrial data for methanol synthesis reactions is provided. Reactions are carried out in a PFR. Find the best operating conditions to produce methanol.
- CDP8-15BThe hydrogenation of benzene is carried out in a CSTR slurry reactor where the desired product is cyclohexene.[Elements 4th Ed.]
- CDP8-26B A series of five hydrodealkylation reactions are carried out in a PFR. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-16]
- CDP8-27B The hydrogenation of benzene is carried out in a CSTR slurry reactor where the desired product is cyclohexene. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-23]
- CDP8-29C Load the Living Example Problem for the hydrodealkylation of mesitylene carried out in a membrane reactor. Optimize the parameters to obtain the maximum profit. [Elements 4th Ed.]
- CDP8-AB Chlorination of benzene in a CSTR. [Elements 1st Ed. P9-14]
- CDP8-CB Isobutylene is oxidized to methacrolum, CO, and CO2. [Elements 1st Ed. P9-16]
- CDP8-DB Calculate conversion in two independent reactions. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-4(d)]
- CDP8-EB Calculate equilibrium concentrations in reaction A + B C + D, C + B X + Y [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-5]
- CDP8-FB Find the profit for A D and A U. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-10]
- CDP8-GC Production of ibuprofen intermediate. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-26]
- CDP8-HB Hydrogenation of o-cresol. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-3]
- CDP8-IC Design a reaction system to maximize the selectivity of p-xylene from methanol and toluene over a HZSM-8 zeolite catalyst. [Elements 2nd Ed. P9-17]
- CDP8-JC The oxidation of propylene to acrolein [Chem. Eng. Sci., 51, 2189 (1996)].
- CDP8-KB Oxidation of formaldehyde: HCHO + 1/2 O2HCOOH2HCHOHCOOCH3 [Elements 4th Ed.]
- CDP8-LB California problem. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-19]
- CDP8-MB Fluidized Bed. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-20]
- CDP8-ND Flame Retardants. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-21]
- CDP8-OC Oleic acid production. [Elements 3rd Ed. P6-25]
- CDP8-New From time to time new problems relating Chapter 8 material to everyday interests or emerging technologies will be placed on the web. Solutions to these problems can be obtained by e-mailing the author.