- Fogler,H Scott. Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering. 3rdEd.
Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1999
- Deborah L. Penry, and Peter A. Jumars. "Modeling Animal Guts as Chemical Reactors", American Naturalist, 1987, Vol. 129, pp 69-96
- Boris D. Abaturov, Fekadu Kassaye, German V. Kutznetsov, Magomed-Rasul D.
Magomedov and Dmitry A. Petelin. "Nutritional estimates of populations of some wild free-ranging African ungulates in grassland (Nechisar national park, Ethiopia) in dry season.",Ecography, 1995, Vol. 18,pp 164-172
- E.T. Clemens, and G.M.O. Malioy. "The digestive physiology of three East African herbivores: the elephant, rhinoceros and hippopotamus", Journal of Zoology, 1982, Vol. 198, pp 141-156
- Francis X. Mkanda, and Brighton Kumchedwa, "Relationship between crop damage by hippopotamus ( Hippopotamus amphibius L.) and farmer complaints in the Elephant Marsh", Journal of African Zoology, 1997, Vol. 111, pp 27-38
- Eric D. Carlson, and Alice P. Gast. "Animal Guts as Ideal Reactors", Chemical Engineering Education, Winter 1998, pp 24-29
- Animal Diversity Web Home Page: http://www.oit.itd.umich.edu The University of Michiganís Museum of Zoology, MI, USA, 1997