1.2 Long Title
The Long Title is for proposal titles that are more than 256 characters.
- If you do not enter a Long Title, the Project Title will default in the Long Title field after you save the PAF.
- It helps with searches in the eRPM data set that every project has a Long Title.
- If you later change the Project Title, make sure to update your Long Title.
For project titles more than 256 characters:
- Abbreviate the title in the Project Title field
- Capture the full proposal title in the Long Title field.
TIP: Spell out uncommon acronyms and abbreviations that would be unknown to the average lay person.
For example, to anyone in the arthritis field, JRA is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, but a lay person might not be familiar with that abbreviation.
Long Title Appears:
- On the first page of the PAF
- In the Research Administration Proposal Management data warehouse.
Project Title Appears:
All other title references in the Proposal Management system will use the Project Title.