1.3 Is this a Grants.gov funding opportunity?
Brief directions are included below. For more information, see Grants.gov from eRPM (includes full process and illustrations of pages & steps.)
If the Funding Opportunity/Solicitation is available through Grants.gov, select "Yes" to this question to link to guidelines, forms and submission instructions to the proposal package.
- You MUST select this option to generate the Grants.gov forms from the eResearch Proposal Management system for supported opportunities (FOAs).
- You will determine if your FOA is supported (all required forms are supported) when you select your FOA and see the list of forms on the Sponsor page.
- Using the information from the Opportunity ID some of the information in the Proposal Package, such as Sponsor Information, will be prefilled out for you in the PAF.
- If your opportunity is suppported in eResearch you will not need the PureEdge and Adobe forms because ORSP will directly submit Grants.gov forms from eResearch after validate & finalize your Grants.gov application.
If you select "No", you will not have the option to pull the funding opportunity from Grants.gov, and you will be required to enter additional information about the proposal such as Sponsor Information later in the PAF.
IMPORTANT POINT ABOUT PAF & GRANTS.GOV FORMS:
Previously, many of you completed your proposal before the PAF. You will find it beneficial to now complete the PAF first because you will have the opportunity to copy information from the PAF to the Grants.gov forms and some standard information pre-populates.
Although the Grants.gov forms can be generated from the PAF, you will complete the PAF & Grants.gov forms separately. You may choose to complete these both at the same time or to complete the Grants.gov forms after the PAF.
The PAF & Grants.gov forms are not dynamically linked.
- Any changes made to the PAF will not be automatically made in the Grants.gov forms.
- If you want to update the Grants.gov forms with changes made on the PAF, you will need to Copy Info from the PAF to the Grants.gov forms again. Only the PAF fields will be updated/overwritten and the other information in the Grants.gov forms that is not linked to the PAF will not be changed.
- Similarly, any changes you make in the Grants.gov forms will not be made in the PAF.
See PAF to SF424 Mapping for more information how the PAF maps to the Grants.gov forms.