1.6 Download Grant Information Application
Brief directions are included below. For more information, see Grants.gov from eRPM (includes full process and illustrations of pages & steps.)
- Opportunities are downloaded to eResearch from Grants.gov nightly.
- If the FOA# unknown, search for it using Grants.gov.
- If you use the Grants.gov finder, you must return to eResearch Proposal Management to complete your application.
Grants.gov Work Arounds:
- Foreign location, required to include a zip code. Required to enter something or could not move on.
- Problem with validation from agency. Contact the appropriate agency to report this issue.
- Zip code validation error
- Zip code pulled from M-Pathways 12345-6789 (format)
- Dash causes error when validate
- Workaround remove dash
- Being prioritized for a future release
- Indirect calculation doesn’t round to the nearest whole dollar
- Fix – Need an enhancement from our vendor.
- Workaround –you can manually do this yourself.
- PROJECT DIRECTOR/PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR CONTACT INFORMATION (Pulled from R&R Key person) -Position/Title is pulled from “Primary Work Location” from M-Pathways Human Resources.
- Work around - Change this on the RESEARCH & RELATED Senior/Key Person (with Expanded) Profile page.
- Areas affected by project and Congressional district on the face page are blank.
- Not automatically filled in because different for Dearborn & Flint.
- Required documents/fields (marked with a red asterisk *)
- Requiring certain docs are uploaded before moving on to the next page. Not always possible as fill out the application in stages/pieces. E.g., required to upload a project summary.At the PAF stage, it is often draft.
- Fix - Not able to change this in the immediate future.
- Workaround -Remember you can use the Jump To list to skip between pages.
- Tip: If you have a partially completed page, use the Jump To move to the next section. It will save a partially completed page.
- Warning: If you try to click save or continue on a partially completed page you receive a warning.
- Entering data multiple budget years
- When entering budgets, names don’t carry over from the Yr 1 budget sheet
- Budget pages not prefilled after first one -it would be so nice if the text would prefill, not the numbers
- Cognizant Federal Agency information only automatically entered in Yr 1. Had to enter it separately each year
- Cannot be prefilled because when we create the SF424 we do not know how many budget periods.