1.8 Sponsors (Sponsor - Grants.gov)
- Type Sponsor Name.
- Select Role.
Direct Sponsor: the organization from which we will receive the funds directly.
Prime Sponsor: the original source of funds.
If the Prime and Direct sponsors are the same, enter as Direct Sponsor.
- Click Save.
Note: Direct Sponsor is required to route for approval.
To add a Prime Sponsor, click Add and repeat steps above.
Direct Versus Prime Sponsor Example
For example, if Dr. Smith at Wayne State University is applying for a research grant to NSF and plans to subcontract part of the work to Dr. Doe at the University of Michigan, for our records, the Direct Sponsor is Wayne State University. NSF should be indicated as the Prime Sponsor. The Principal Investigator should be shown on the PAF as Dr. Doe.
When colleges or universities are the direct sponsor with a prime sponsor, the DRDA Project Representative who has responsibility for liaison with the Prime Sponsor (NSF in this example), however, will handle the processing of the proposal.
- Click Edit next to sponsor name.
- Make changes.
- Click Save.
- Select the box next to the sponsor you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
Brief directions are included below. For more information, see Grants.gov from eRPM (includes full process and illustrations of pages & steps.)
- Review the FOA Information.
- Determine if your Required Forms & Optional Forms are supported.
- Yes appears for supported forms.
- If any Required forms are NOT supported, you must submit to Grants.gov outside of eRPM.
- If any Optional forms are NOT supported and you are required to use them, you must submit outside of eRPM.