3.2 UM Cost Share
eRPM is only used to confirm cost sharing approvals. Request cost sharing outside of the eRPM system & record commitments in eRPM.
Request cost sharing directly from participating units to secure commitments. Record commitments in the UM Cost Sharing section.
For UM Costing Sharing definitions and policies, see the UM Cost Sharing Information on the UM Research website.
Enter Line Item
For the first line item, enter:
- Line Item description (E.g., 10% AY Effort for Joe Doe or equipment)
- Direct - Total Period - Required to route for approval.
- Indirect - Total Period - Required to route for approval.
- Direct - Initial Period
- Indirect - Initial Period
- Source - Optional Field
Provide short code or text.
- Dept ID - Required field
Department providing cost sharing, if unknown ask the contributor.
Look up people and departments in Blue Pages - Administrators Listings.
- Click Save.
The UM Cost Sharing totals are carried over to Proposed Budget and Time Period totals section.
Add New Line Items
- Click Add to create a new line.
- Follow steps 1-8 from Enter Intial Line Item above.
- Add additional line items until you are finished.
Note: Budget totals are calculated below the line items.
- To edit a line item, click Edit next to it.
- Make changes as needed.
The fields are described in steps 1-7 from Enter Intial Line Item section above.
- To remove a budget item, click the box next to it.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm you want to delete this line item.
To see a demonstration on how to use this page, see the Budget Section of the PAF online course.