4.5 Space Documents
If needed, attach supporting space documentation.
- Attach: Browse and attach documents.
- Upload New Version: Upload a new version of a document and keep a version history (keeps previous documents).
- View Version History: View past versions of documents and download previous versions if needed.
- Delete: Remove a document. Does not keep any version history.
- Manage Document Security: Restrict specified personnel from viewing the document.
- Mac users: make sure you turn on file extensions. Any file uploaded without an extension (e.g., doc) cannot be viewed by others.
- No limit on the number of documents that can be attached.
- Documents can be any file type (e.g., .ppt, .xls, . pdf, .doc).
- The person viewing the document must have the correct program to view your attachments. For example, if someone does not have Microsoft Project he/she cannot view MS Project files (.mpp).
- Consider uploading a lower version of file types to ensure everyone can view your document, e.g., upload .doc instead of .docx.
- Each document uploaded can be up to 150 MB.
- If you document is more than 150 MB, you can compress or zip it to reduce its size.
For detailed directions, see:
Working with Documents - Step-By-Step Procedure.