6.2 Supporting Documents
Supporting documents are internal documents that are needed when a PAF is routed for approval.
- For a Federal Direct Sponsor, attach ORSP Administrative Shell which includes:
- Sponsor Forms
- Budget Justification
- Abstract or Draft of Proposal Text
- For Non-Federal Direct Sponsor, attach:
- Draft Contract
- Internal Budgets
- Other draft documents
- Important! Do NOT upload the Final Proposal documents here.
- The final proposal should be uploaded on 6.1 Finalize Proposal or using Finalize for Submission to Sponsor activity in the Manage Data section of the PAF Workspace.
- These documents are not sent to the sponsor.
Remember that the PAF is:
- Summary of information about the project that is used for internal UM review and approval and data management.
- The PAF & its internal documents are not submitted to the proposed sponsor.
- Every grant or contract application must be submitted for prior approval through the appropriate University channels before being sent to the proposed sponsor (See Section 3.06 of the Bylaws of the Board of Regents).
- The Proposal Approval Form (PAF) accompanies the proposal or application to record the appropriate signatures indicating approval of the proposed project.
- Attach: Browse and attach documents.
- Upload New Version: Upload a new version of a document and keep a version history (keeps previous documents).
- View Version History: View past versions of documents and download previous versions if needed.
- Delete: Remove a document. Does not keep any version history.
- Manage Document Security: Restrict specified personnel from viewing the document.
- Mac users: make sure you turn on file extensions. Any file uploaded without an extension (e.g., doc) cannot be viewed by others.
- No limit on the number of documents that can be attached.
- Documents can be any file type (e.g., .ppt, .xls, . pdf, .doc).
- The person viewing the document must have the correct program to view your attachments. For example, if someone does not have Microsoft Project he/she cannot view MS Project files (.mpp).
- Consider uploading a lower version of file types to ensure everyone can view your document, e.g., upload .doc instead of .docx.
- Each document uploaded can be up to 150 MB.
- If you document is more than 150 MB, you can compress or zip it to reduce its size.
For detailed directions, see:
Working with Documents - Step-By-Step Procedure.