What's New - 8/17/09 (Version 1.4)
In response to requests from the research community & DRDA, the eRPM team has made many improvements to the eRPM system. These changes will not radically impact how you work with the system, but clarify or improve some processes.
Summary of Changes (listed in alphabetical order)
Changes - Make & Submit Changes to PAF
- Comments are now required when PAF changes are requested by a Reviewer or DRDA and when PAF changes are submitted.
- Project Team Request DRDA Action activity clarified.
- It should only be used to:
- Request that DRDA edit or cancel a PAF.
- Request edit access to the PAF by the project team.
- Request a change to an active project.
- Do NOT use to indicate finalization of the proposal document or communicate submission instructions to DRDA.
- Learn more about PAF Changes:
- New cloning types added to create relationships between PAFs.
- Cloning can be used to relate the clone (child) & original (parent) PAFs. This information is included in the eRPM data set.
- PAFs converted from PRISM or that were recorded as Paper PAFs in eRPM by DRDA cannot be cloned in eRPM.
- To create relationships between a new PAF created in eRPM and PAFs converted from PRISM or that were recorded as Paper PAF, see the Related PAFs section.
- You can only clone PAFs that you are listed on as key or administrative personnel.
- Learn how to Clone a PAF.
Finalize Proposal Documents in eRPM
- New Proposal Documents page in PAF Worksheet (Combined Final Proposal & Internal Documents on one page)
- Added instructions on how to finalize proposal & what should be attached as final proposal documents in eRPM.
- Renamed Finalize Proposal for DRDA activity to Finalize for Submission to Sponsor.
- Clarified selections on Submission Methods.
- If you need more information, see:
- Read & Edit rights to Grants.gov forms automatically granted to person who creates the PAF. Prior to this release, PAF creator needed to grant him/herself Read rights to the Grants.gov forms. [View example]
- Added PDF upload for sponsor specific instructions & place to record URL.
- To assist DRDA in processing Grants.gov packages, a new naming format is assigned after a PAF is routed for approval.
- New format includes Project Representative's uniqname
- E.g., "tmax - 09-PAF02267 for SF-42400000089”
- If Grants.gov application was created in eResearch and was rejected by Grants.gov after submission, now after fixing errors you can re-use the Finalize Proposal for Submission activity to indicate that fixes are complete & you are ready for DRDA to resubmit.
- If a hardship has been created for a PAF, a message displays on the PAF Workspace. [View example]
- Hardship naming format has been improved.
Naming format = Parent DRDA#, PI Last Name, Hardship Number,
e.g., 09-PAF001345 Smith - Hardship 1
Note: Increases by 1 for each hardship created for a project. e.g., Hardship 1, Hardship 2, etc.
- Hardships require one level of approval (can be the Administrative Home of a PAF or the next level).
Who approves is based on department policy.
- Hardship ready for review email notification now sent to the Administrative Home & the next level.
- Improved Post a Comment activity from Hardship
- Included more information about the hardship
- Can select email recipients (e.g., PI, Primary Research Administrator, Reviewers, DRDA PR, FinOPs FOAC)
- Hardship PANs/PACs sent to UM PI, Primary Research Administrator, department email contacts for Administrative Home of a PAF or the next level.
- All Workspaces
- eRPM Tips link added to left side of the page
under Support Links
- Use to access helpful eRPM tips & communications sent about eRPM
- PAF Workspace
- Now lists whether DRDA will submit the proposal
PAF Summary Additions
- PI email & phone number (also added to Key Personnel in PAF Worksheet)
- FOA number
- Notes if DRDA will submit the proposal
- 4. Space
- 4.1 Required Space & 4.2 General Space Requirements
Added statement "If you have already received approval for the requested space, upload a copy of the approval in section 4.5."
- Included additional instructions on space look-up page to assist you in finding the correct building/space.
- 5. Supporting Information Section
- Routing Instructions
- For question 5.18 Notes for DRDA be sure to include any additional information for DRDA & such as:
- Whether DRDA Signature is required
- Whether an institutional (cover) letter is required
- Whether DRDA should provide contract
- Units can now approve PAFs during the state of Post-Submission Review after a Reviewer makes & submits changes. Previously the box to Approve was grayed out & could not be used to approve.
- Unit Comments area can be viewed by any Reviewer or Reviewer Who Can Sign for a Dept ID.
- Previously could only be seen by Reviewers Who Could Sign
- Acknowledge Changes activity only displays when changes are made on a PAF after a department has approved.
- Reviewer Workspace
- Inbox tab
- Removed PAFs in state of Unit Review from PAFs with Changes Requested section.
- Added PAFs in the state of Post Submission Unit Review to PAFs with Changes Returned section.
- Upcoming tab now displays just PAFs that you need to review. PAFs in the state DRDA Processing no longer appear.
- Active/Closed/Turned Down/Withdrawn tab
- Sponsor Processing state retired & removed
- Withdrawn PAFs now appear in the Not Funded section
- PAFs Ready for Review Report added to Reviewer Workspace.
- For Reviewers with a substantial number of PAFs that need to be reviewed.
- Appears in the left menu under the Support Links section.
- Opens in a new window that you must close when you are done.
- You can export the report to Excel.
- Allows you to filter by receipt time & additional criteria including:
- Current Pending Approvals Dept ID & Name: List of departments that have NOT approved the PAF.
- Current Pending Changes Dept ID & Name: List of departments that have requested changes before approving the PAF.
- Received Changes Dept ID & Name: List of departments that requested and received changes, but still need to approve the PAF.
View all What's New Pages