Email Configuration, Tips & Recipients
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book/contacts so messages are not sent to junk or spam mail.
Warning plain text email system users e.g., Groupwise!
- Enable html messages - because eResearch sends html messages.
You must view as html to view links to PAFs/proposals, award documents.
- If you use Groupwise e-mail, follow the steps below. If you use another e-mail client, contact your system administrator for assistance.
- To view the current email as HTML, click the message icon at the top of the email.
- To change all incoming e-mail to HTML:
- Go to the Groupwise Main Mailbox.
- Select the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Options".
- Double click "Environment".
- Under the "Views" tab:
Check "Use default views for reading.
For "Default Read View & Font", select HTML.
- Click OK.
- WARNING! Forwarding an e-mail using a plain text email system breaks links to eResearch system. Instead: go to eRPM and find proposal/project/award.
- You cannot copy the a document link and paste it into a web browser. It will not work.
- Forwarding an e-mail message does NOT give access to eResearch - Person must be listed on the project or be a Reviewer to have access to view proposal/project/award in eResearch.
Who Receives E-mail Notifications?
eRPM generates and sends email notications for a variety of reasons.
Based on the situation/event/system activity emails are sent to:
- UM Principal Investigator & Primary Research Administrator
E.g., proposal routed for approval, reviewer requests changes, etc.
- You cannot turn off the option to send e-mails to a UM Principal Investigator or Primary Research Administrator.
- PAF Email Notifier for each Department
E.g., this group will get emails when it is their department's turn to review a PAF (instead of sending e-mails to all Reviewers).
- Selected individual using Post a Comment for the Entire Project Team
E.g., use system to send an email to UM PI to ask them to sign PAF/Conflict of Interest Statement
Learn more about e-mail notifications sent from eResearch Proposal Management. (does not include PANs/PACs).
Learn more about PAN/PAC notifications sent from eResearch.