Uploading, Editing and Deleting Documents
Do's and Don'ts for Uploading Files to eResearch
|Upload common file formats; remember, not everyone has the same software you do
||Have spaces in the file name of the file you are uploading. You can replace spaces with underscores (for example, file_name.doc)
|Scan printed documents so you can upload the documents
||Scan the documents at high resolution; generally, 300 dpi is sufficient
To add documents to eResearch
See the Recommended File Types before uploading.
- Click the Add button.
Enter a Title.
- A warning dialog asking if you want to trust the certificate issued by Webridge Incorporated may open. Click Yes to accept the certificate.
Navigate to the document to add.
- The title is how the document is identified in the system; make the title descriptive.
- You can upload many types of documents, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, or images.
- The document is uploaded to eResearch. Note, if you are adding a large document, the upload can take a few minutes.
To edit/stack documents in eResearch
IMPORTANT! After a document has been uploaded, you can change its title and/or replace the uploaded document. When you replace an uploaded document, its version number will increment by one.
- Click Upload Revision next to the document.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the new version of the document.
- Click Open.
- Click OK.
To delete documents from eResearch
Important! Documents deleted from eResearch cannot be recovered. Be sure you are deleting the correct documents.
- Click Delete next to the document you wish to remove.
- Click OK in the pop-up window to confirm.
- The document is permanently deleted.