Additional Homework Problems
- CDP7-AB The reaction of penicillin G with NH2OH
is carried out in a batch reactor. A colorimeter was used to measure the absorbency as a
function of time. [Elements 1st Ed. P5-10]
- CDP7-BB The isomerization A B is carried out in a batch reactor. Find a and
k. [Elements 3rd Ed. P5-3]
- CDP7-CCThe ethane hydrogenolysis over a commercial nickel catalyst was
studied in a stirred contained solids reactor. [Elements 3rd ed. P5-15]
- CDP7-DB The half-life of one of the
pollutants, NO, in automotive exhaust is required. [Elements 1st Ed. P5-11]
- CDP7-EB The kinetics of a gas phase reaction
were studied in a constant-pressure batch reactor, in which the volume was measured as a
function of time. [Elements 1st Ed. P5-6]
- CDP7-FB Reaction kinetics in a tubular reactor.
Et3In(g) + ASH3 Adduct
GaInAs in fiber optics [Elements 3rd Ed. P5-6]
- CDP7-GB Differential reactor data for the reaction
CH3CH CH2 + O2 . CH2 CHCHO + H2O
[3rd Ed. P5-13]
- CDP7-HB Lumping of species for hydrocarbon mixtures. [Elements 3rd Ed. P5-16]
- CDP7-IB Prepare an experimental plan to find the rate law. [Elements 3rd Ed. P5-17]
- CDP7-JB Batch data on the liquid phase reaction
A B + C
[Elements 3rd Ed. P5-18]
- CDP7-KB Analyze data to see if it fits an elementary reaction
2A + B 2C
[Elements 3rd Ed. P5-21].
- CDP7-New From time to time new problems relating Chapter 7 material to everyday
interests or emerging technologies will be placed on the web.
Solutions to these problems can be obtained by emailing the author.