How to Install, Edit, and Run Wolfram .cdf Files
Using the .cdf-Files
- Download and Installation:
- To view .cdf files, all you need is Wolfram CDF Player, which can be downloaded for free
- If you wish to also edit the code that generates these plots, you will need to purchase and download Wolfram Mathematica 9,
which can be found here: http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/
- Note for all U-M students: CAEN computers have Mathematica 9 installed, so you can easily edit and view the mathematica files.
- How to explore the problem with Wolfram CDF Player:
- The first thing you should do is open the desired .cdf file with either Mathematica 9 or Wolfram CDF Player.
We will use Example T12-1 as an example in the following screenshots, as seen below. Below is what you will see when the .cdf file opens.
- We have programmed the .cdf file to display only the interactive graph when opened. To view the code, simply click on the right-most bracket on the right side of the screen, as shown below.
- To view effects of various parameter on the graph, simply adjust the slidebars to the left. To view and set the values of the variables, simply click the "+" to the right of each slidebar to view more options.
- The options for modifying To are shown below. It consists of a text box, where you can manually enter a desired value, and also 6 buttons that can allow you to view the graph in action. Hovering over these buttons tell you the purpose of each button.
- For example, you can see the effect of To on the equilibrium curve in action below.
- Below are some YouTube Videos of other graphs in action for LEP's 8-7 and T12-1.