University Lowbrow Astronomers

The Telescopes of Angell Hall Observatory (1926-1994).

by Dave Snyder
Revised: November 2004

The Angell Hall Observatory

Between 1926 and 1994, there were two domes on the roof of Angell Hall. One dome held a 25 centimeter (10 inch) refractor and the other dome held a 38 centimeter (15 inch) reflector. These domes were dismantled and replaced with a single 40 centimeter reflecting telescope in 1994/1995. The following shows the Angell Hall telescopes before they were dismantled in 1994.

Domes on the top of Angell Hall

Domes on top of Angell Hall

This shows the two domes, as seen from the roof of Angell Hall.

38 centimeter (15 inch) Reflector

Angell Hall Reflector Angell Hall Reflector Detail

25 centimeter (10 inch) Refractor

Angell Hall Refractor Angell Hall Refractor Detail

Photo Credits

The photographs are courtesy the University of Michigan Department of Astronomy (they appeared in a lab manual for Angell Hall; the photographer is unknown).

For More Information

Links

Copyright Info

Copyright © 2013, the University Lowbrow Astronomers. (The University Lowbrow Astronomers are an amateur astronomy club based in Ann Arbor, Michigan).
This page revised Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:30 PM.
This web server is provided by the University of Michigan; the University of Michigan does not permit profit making activity on this web server.
Do you have comments about this page or want more information about the club? Contact Us.