Web Services Scheduled Maintenance
One or more of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) web sites may be down for scheduled maintenance:
- Weeknights between 11:00pm and 1:00am
- Weekend scheduled maintenance, next scheduled for 8:00pm EDT Friday, July 14th, through 12:01am Monday, July 17th, 2017
Service interruptions during these times, especially on the Saturday morning of weekend scheduled maintenance, are expected. We attempt to minimize user-facing disruptions but some cannot be avoided.
We tend to announce both maintenance and extended outages on our Twitter stream, @umlsait:
We occasionally need to patch servers or restart services. We attempt to limit user-visible restarts to weeknights between 11:00pm and 1:00am, though for critical security patches we may be unable to do so. Any web service with "lsa.umich.edu" in its name may be affected during these outages, though on weeknights it is often only one set of services (for example, "AEM-based sites," "legacy web applications," or "SharePoint") and not all services. Most weeknight interruptions of service are brief, lasting 5 minutes or less, though major work may take longer.
During scheduled weekend maintenance, most sites will be affected at least briefly and some sites may be affected for long periods of time.
The sites which should automatically get to this page during outages include:
- Faculty, Lab, & Research (FLR) websites (sites.lsa.umich.edu, our WordPress environment)
- Unit Websites, sites for LSA departments and units hosted in the new (AEM) content management system, including:
- Windows Web Application Hosting (WWAH) sites, those hosted on webapps (lsa-webapps1), including some other departmental sites, the Course Guide, many online forms, and several other college web applications
- Web Hosting Environment (WHE aka cPanel) sites
Depending on when you see this message, there are some things you can do:
- If this message appears during regular business hours, something is wrong and we are most likely already investigating the problem, but you can submit a ticket or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If this message appears during a scheduled maintenance window, please do not open a trouble ticket or send email. Sit tight and wait for the end of the maintenance window before taking action.
- If this message appears outside regular business hours, please feel free to email email@example.com to open a ticket and we will look into it when business hours resume.
We apologize for any inconvenience.