Code of Conduct
It will be construed that anyone who attends a Club event has tacitly agreed to abide by the Code of
As a Member and/or User of the Michigan Argentine Tango Club (MATC) as defined in the Club’s Constitution and Bylaws, I will:
- Represent MATC with professionalism, dignity and pride, and be responsible for conducting myself with courtesy and appropriate behavior.
- Conduct myself in a respectful manner, exhibit appropriate social dance conduct, and be a positive role model.
- Seek training for my volunteer role by participating in meetings, self-study, or other training opportunities to help me work more effectively with appropriate audiences.
- Display respect and courtesy for club members, users, other volunteers, program participants, visitors, clients and property.
- Provide a safe environment by not harming others in any way, whether through discrimination, sexual harassment, physical force, verbal and/or mental abuse and harassment, neglect, or other harmful actions.
- Respect the privacy of persons served by the organization.
- Work cooperatively with the MATC Board and other club volunteers.
- Respect and follow UM policies and guidelines for conduct at the events organized on University property.
- Keep my personal opinions and actions separate from those made as a representative of this organization.
- Avoid conduct that would jeopardize program effectiveness.
- Promote and support the MATC in developing effective Argentine Tango dancing programs, milongas
and other events.
As a MATC Member and/or User, I will NOT:
- Use vulgar or inappropriate language in any of my communications with and on behalf of the Club.
- Use or be under the influence of illegal drugs.
- Consume or be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or consume tobacco at club events.
- Discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status or disability, and sexual orientation.
- Conduct club financial transactions that have a negative impact on the organization including theft or embezzlement.
- Indulge in the destruction of any MATC financial documents.