Education and training: Our Resources
Understand, Prevent, and Resolve Disputes
Online Training Video:
U-M employees can view U-M Business and Finance’s Catherine Lilly’s Crucial Confrontations training videos and accompanying worksheet: Go to https://www.umich.edu/~busfin/crucial_confrontations/index.htm and enter your uniqname and Kerberos password.
Based on the bestselling book called Crucial Confrontations, by Patterson, Grenny, McMillan, and Switzler, the videos teach how to respectfully hold someone accountable when their behavior has disappointed you in some way. They show how to more successfully confront and resolve problems at work and home. Together, the videos run for about an hour and twenty minutes.
- The Unexpected Keys to Untangling a Dispute: Do It Yourself Dispute Resolution
- Contribution Theory – A Conflict Resolution Tool
- When E-Mail Becomes E-Fight!
- Conflict 101: Reflecting on Your Own Approach to Conflict
- Disputes and Disagreements: Negotiating Workable Outcomes
- How to Resolve Disputes Elegantly
- Difficult Conversations