This website is an outgrowth of the workshop, Inter Versiculos, held in the summer of 2011 under the auspices of the University of Michigan. The object of the workshop was to provide a semi-immersion experience in Latin verse composition, under the guidance of Professor David Money of Cambridge University.
The intentions of this site include:
- to chronicle the experience and archive the output
of the eight-day workshop
- to offer a glimpse into the world of contemporary Latin verse
- to provide practical tools and tips to people interested in trying their hand at writing Latin poetry.
- To get a sense of the many facets of the workshop itself, a good place to begin would be A Recollection, one participant's narrative of the experience of Inter Versiculos.
- Divining the Muse is the place to go for the atmosphere.
- For practical instruction in the art of Latin verse composition, start with How it's done, and move from there to Lyric Meters.
- Public Reading provides an opportunity to see and hear a substantial offering of contemporary Latin verse, primarily the work of Professor Money, but also of several participants in the workshop.
- Fishing, Museum and Poetae
offer a collection of the poetic output of participants during the week of Inter Versiculos.