Computational Physics Group
3003 EECS Building,
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
University directory listing
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering and Scientific Computing (expected 2010)
Thesis: "On the analysis and numerical simulation of crack propagation in fiber reinforced composites" (more)
Advisors: Prof.Anthony Waas, Prof.Krishna Garikipati
- MS, Aerospace Engineering (2009)
- MS, Mechanical Engineering (2007)
- B.Tech, Mining Machinery Engineering (2005) @ Indian School of Mines (ISM Dhanbad), India
- The Jefferson Goblet Award for the best student paper at the 50th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, May 2009, Palm Springs, CA. (more)
- DAAD scholarship for the International Association for Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) exchange programme, May 2004. (more)
- ISM (Ministry of Human Resource Development, India) Scholarship, May 2001-April 2005. Full tuition fee & living expenses coverage for undergraduate education.
- Modeling fracture and failure in laminated composites using the Variational Multiscale Cohesive Method (2008-ongoing).
Sponsor: NASA, Collier Research (Ares V Integrated Vehicle Health Management project)
- Damage progression and failure using cohesive elements in finite element codes: An investigation to improve convergence incorporating physics based modeling techniques (2007-2008).
Sponsor: Boeing (787 Dreamliner project)
- Development of a comprehensive FEA post-processor for J-integral calculations in standard fracture models. (2005-2006).
Sponsor: Institute for Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics, TU Freiberg, Germany.
- Vibration analysis based rotor unbalance fault detection and correction (2004-2005).
Sponsor: University Grants Commission (UGC), India.
- Implementation of 3D J-integral calculation procedure in ANSYS parametric language (2004).
, FZD, Dresden, Germany.