The Women of Color Task Force is a constituency
organization for employees at the University of Michigan
and complies with applicable federal and state laws
The Task Force develops innovative programs and
activities like the Career Conference, Awards Program
and Mentorship Program. The principles laid out in this
document explain 'why we do what we do'.
- We believe that the ability of University of Michigan
employees to achieve professional and personal excellence and success can be
determined in part by creating opportunities for sharing experiences
- We believe it is our responsibility to assist the University in
cultivating a skilled and valued workforce. We believe that employees
are the source of the University's strength. They provide corporate
knowledge and determine its reputation and vitality. Involvement
and teamwork are our core human values.
- We believe it is our particular responsibility to develop and
provide models of excellence and success for all women.
- We believe that the University can and does benefit from
multicultural interactions and we are committed to initiating
and nuturing such exchanges.
- We believe it is our responsibility to serve as a conduit to
identify and provide information to women that
helps address their special concerns and needs.
- We believe it is necessary to demonstrate that a balance
between individual achievement and social responsibility
is attainable and rewarding.
Back to Home Page