[netatalk-admins] simple patch to allow directories to inherit setgid bit

Subject: [netatalk-admins] simple patch to allow directories to inherit setgid bit
From: John D. Blair (jdblair@cobaltnet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 18:01:42 EST

Hello,

We needed afpd to inherit the setgid bit when it created directories,
but didn't want to set the 'bsdgroups/grpid' mount option on the entire
relevant filesystem.

It turned out that the modification to cause this behavior was pretty
easy to do. While I saw some discussion of the problem in the archives
of this group, I didn't see a solution suggested other than using the
bsdgroups mount option.

I've attached the relevant patch file to this message. The patch was
created against one of asun's ASIP distros, but I believe it should
apply to plain netatalk as well (YMMV).

Let me know if you have any questions.

later,
 -john.

<inside comment>
(P.S.-- see Edan, sometimes I don't hoard my code ;)
</inside comment>

John D. Blair jdblair@cobaltnet.com
Software Engineer, Cobalt Networks Inc. http://www.cobaltnet.com