Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on FreeBSD 3.0?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on FreeBSD 3.0?
From: Palle Girgensohn (girgen@partitur.se)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 08:01:39 EST

"Ambrose Li [EDP]" wrote:

> In short, has anyone got this combination to work? Following the
> README.FreeBSD instructions doesn't seem to work; the system
> replies with
>
> starting appletalk daemons:ep1: Invalid argument
> Can't configure multicast.
> ep0: disabled.ep1: disabled.ep1: disabled.atalkd: zero interfaces, exiting.
> atalkdbind: Can't assign requested address
> bind: Can't assign requested address
> nbprgstr papd afpd.
> bash-2.02# Jan 4 11:38:26 edp-test1 afpd[270]: main: atp_open: Can't assign requested address
> Jan 4 11:38:26 edp-test1 afpd[270]: main: atp_open: Can't assign requested address
>
> I'm pretty sure this is something I've done wrong.

Hi!

I have the same problem. I just moved a bunch of machines from 2.2
stable to 3.0, and after that atalkd says "de0: disabled.de0: disabled.
zero interfaces, exiting.". I removed the atalkd.conf file, so it could
build a fresh one, but it doesn't happen.

I assume you have used the FreeBSD ports collection to install Netatalk
(you probably should, it's good stuff). If you have moved to 3.0, I
think you need to rebuild the port after that. There is a patch that
insert some compile-time (pre-processor) stuff for FreeBSD >= 3.0. It
might help. For me, I have a self-patched version of netatalk, so I need
to dig up the patches... :(

Please tell me if rebuilding helps. Also, which 3.0 are you running?
Release? Current? Version of netatalk? I have seen this with FreeBSD 3.0
release and 3.0-current from 1998-12-17, both with
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2.

Regards,
Palle