Re: [netatalk-admins] official version of netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] official version of netatalk
From: Harry Zink (mail-atalk@fizbin.com)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 12:52:03 EST

>Right now it's a small link in the patches page. The version that people
>see and will try out will not be functional under 2.2.

Nor does the present version include fixes for many problems under
current versions of the MacOS - asun's version does.

Having it hidden away under a small link on the patches page might fit
certain political needs, but it in no way helps the project as the users
that will first try it will receive a version that is, in essence,
broken, and feature-poor.

The regular result is those users either abadoning it, or inundating
newsgroups with questions, the regular answer being "get the latest
version from ....."

>I think that it
>would be important to make this information very noticeable.

NSS!

What do we honestly think are the chances of that happening?

Harry