[netatalk-admins] GACK! Document icon for volume with System 7.5.3/OT1.1.2/ASIP 3.7.2

Subject: [netatalk-admins] GACK! Document icon for volume with System 7.5.3/OT1.1.2/ASIP 3.7.2
From: PayPC System Mail Subscriber (spammail@quanta.paypc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 12:09:14 EST

With the subject-mentioned clients, and netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2... I get
blank Document icons for netatalk volume icons (whether there's a custom icon
or not for it). I thought you fixed this before (you had it mentioned in a
release notes file).

Note: file operations seem to work normally (though there are unsightly
displays of things that should be hidden, like "Icon\r" files, Network Trash
Folders, etc). What's the deal?

I do realise that this configuration is on the bleeding (trailing!) edge of
compatibility... but it is strange for my users, who see icons on the OS 8.x
boxes, and then blank document icons on 7.x ones. Is there some weirdness
still present in the icon code?

=Robert=