Re: [netatalk-admins] AS IP speeds

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] AS IP speeds
From: Rob Lucier (rlucier@pacificcolor.com)
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 15:11:05 EST

I think that William is correct about disk being the limiting factor. I have a P200/128MB nothing special box that consistantly gives 8.6MB/sec reads and 3.3MB/sec writes from a G3 client. The secret is the disk - a PCI Mylex raid controller running an external tower of 9GB ultra-scsi disks.

But I have slow reads (~500-800K/sec) from some of our G3s to the server. The problem seemed to be related to the version of Appleshare IP that they were running, because upgrading the system software to the latest 8.1 solved the problem. That's my first suggestion of something to try.

Rob Lucier
Pacific Color