RE: [netatalk-admins] AS IP speeds

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] AS IP speeds
From: Thomas Dorr (ashiant@compsol.net)
Date: Thu Jan 07 1999 - 23:21:20 EST

> For a Linux box,
> is there a better filesystem to used for netatalk
> than the standard linux ext2?

        Well in theory couldn't you just format a partition to hfs and use the HFS
driver, and use the fork=netatalk feature? This would of course be rather
silly, you'd loose the ability to control it very well, no quota, no
permission control... hrm... I don't know, just a thought.

        Off this topic, what is the problem with MacOS 8.5 that is occuring, or was
occuring? I seem to remember something about sherlock, but what in the
world could it be doing?

        Further off topic, I'm wondering if it's possible to boot something like an
Imac using Netatalk, and bootp. (into macos)

Thomas Dorr