[netatalk-admins] Need help on setup...

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Need help on setup...
From: Daryl Bjerke (dbjerke@bemidji.k12.mn.us)
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 12:07:49 EST

I just installed RedHat 5.2 (from scratch as a server) and then installed
the rpm netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5

In chooser on the mac I can see the server and when I double-click on the
server name it pops open the password dialog box. I type in the username
and password of a valid unix account and I get the following message:

        "The connection to this server has been unexpectedly broken"

I then configured the server to allow guest and that lets me get to the
screen where you would choose which hard drive you wanted to use. (I only
turned guest access on and I didn't see any hard drives on this screen.
I'm assuming that in order to see a guest drive I would have to set up a
account "nobody" and a space on the drive. I did not do this.)

Has anybody else seen this message?

I looked through the docs a little and think I have the confs set up the
way that the docs say. (but then again, it doesn't work)

One question I did have is about shadow passwords. The shaddow password
rpm was installed but not run as part of my set up. I tried running it
and it didn't fix my problem. Is the rpm for netatalk from Redhat
compiled with shadow passwords enabled?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Daryl Bjerke
Bemidji High School