[netatalk-admins] Re: Question about routing...

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: Question about routing...
From: Bob Krzaczek (rskpci@cis.rit.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 05:36:58 EST

[My apologies if you see this twice; I sent this on the 13th and never
 saw it in the list or its archives at zeitgeist. Since it's a patch that
 I suspect some might find useful (having seen questions similar to my
 first post on netatalk-admins before), I'm resending it Just In Case.]

Well, I continued looking around, and came across the patch for
Netatalk-1.3.3 by Stefan Bethke. Apparently, I've been looking in the
wrong FAQs... :-/

Based on what I saw in Stefan's patch, I made a similar one for
Netatalk-1.4.2 with the current asun-2.1.2 patchset (what I'm running
here). It adds a commandline "-R" option to atalkd that will disable
routing between all interfaces.

I note that the zone names are still advertised on multiple networks.
While less than optimum, it's okay for now; I simply needed to kill the
routing of traffic between network interfaces. Also, the patch is strictly
development quality: it could be sped up (for example, if we aren't going
send packet X, we don't need to build it. I left the code in place,
though, to disturb as little of atalkd as I could. When I'm more
comfortable with atalkd in the future (or if someone else beats me to it)
I'll clean it up.

The patch is attached, feel free to use it, edit it, improve it, and so
forth (it's a trivial patch). Caveat emptor: it's working for me on a
Solaris system with three ethernet interfaces, your experience may differ.

Cheers...

--
// Bob Krzaczek, RIT Center for Imaging Science, <krz@cis.rit.edu>