Re: [netatalk-admins] Yet more ...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Yet more ...
From: Magnus Stenman (stone@hkust.se)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 04:17:16 EST

J. Guy Stalnaker wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Well, I'm disappointed that all of my friendly respondants to the first
> email (to linux-atalk) have not jumped into the fray after the second,
> but I certainly understand ;-). I've now joined the netatalk-admins
> list, and I hope that the additional circle of people have a solution.
>
> Here's the lowdown:
>
> 1. Linux 2.0.35, compiled by me WITHOUT module support. Appletalk 0.17
> for Linux NET3.035 compiled in as is SLIP and PPP--i.e., appletalk is
> not a module.

Did you include ipx? IIRC it is needed by appletalk.

> 2. Local Network, dhcpd running to get IP/Gateway/Netmask (ifconfig
> shows expected values; on this same network is a Win98 pc and a MacOS
> 8.5 8100, both of which can access the network without problem [when
> it's up, of course]).
> 3. I attempted first to install the 1.4beta w/asun. No go (could not

The latest asun (actually almost all asun versions) compiles and runs
just file on RedHat 4.1-5.2, kernel 2.0.30-36
You might try to disable tcp_wrappers and 2-way randnum logins and see
if
thatīs the problem, since they recuire some header files to be present
(not recommended to run without these in a "hostile" environment though)