Re: [netatalk-admins] Idea for Net printing but i need help....

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Idea for Net printing but i need help....
From: Albert Max Lai (amlai@columbia.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 20:38:44 EST

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> I can do this all from the command line in a shell script i just do
> not know how to do this from the LPR! I am sooo close it is driving me

Have you tried in your papd.conf doing a pipe into a shell script, such as

printer_name:\
        :pr=|shell_script etc....

In your shell script you could have standard input written to a file
inside of a spool directory and then subsequently processed by your shell
script.

--
Albert Lai <amlai@columbia.edu>           1018D East Campus
Residential Computer Consultant           411 W. 116th St.