[netatalk-admins] Screen refresh of folders

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Screen refresh of folders
From: Incze Lajos (incze@mhirlap.hu)
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 15:49:00 EST

The symptome is as follows:

netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1-3
kernel-2.0.36-0.7
glibc-2.0.7-29

Let's say we have an AFP volume A and a subfolder B. We have
two Macs X and Y sharing the volume as the same user. Both X
and Y are opening volume A in the Finder. If X copies a file
to the volume A, after some seconds the change is visible on
Y's desktop. Now, if both X and Y keep the B folder open in
the Finder and X copies a file into the folder B, the change is
not becoming visible on Y's desktop only if he/she closes
the Finder window and reopens it. The same applies if any of
them is trashing a file in the subfolder.

I've reproduced the same behaviour on another system:
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2-2, the same kernel and glibc
version. Both netatalks come from the redhat contrib RPMS.

It smells a bug but perhaps I'm not aware of some config
parameters. Thanks Incze