[netatalk-admins] Bizare Behavior

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Bizare Behavior
From: Kimon Tsinteris (kimon@cornell.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 17:04:46 EST

Hi all,

I just installed netatalk from the rpm that came with SuSE 6.0, and
everything is up and running. My linux server does not show up in the
chooser or in the Network Broswer, but if I specify its IP under Appleshare,
then my home directory appears just fine on my mac's desktop.

Here is where the bizarre behavior begins... In icon view everything is
fine. But if I list things located on my Linux file server from the Mac
side, it sorts, and sorts, and keeps sorting, moving files around
non-stop... That is not too bothersome, but I just wanted to pass that
along.

Now here is the mission critical application where bizarre behavior just
cannot be tolerated! :-) When I play my mp3 files (both in Macamp Lite and
b7) a song comes to an end, and then jumps back about 5 seconds, only to
come to an end and to jump back again. This only happens that I know of with
mp3 files... Quicktime movies and such play just fine. Do you think this is
macamp problem or something to do with netatalk? If it turns out to be the
former, I apologize for taking your time.

Thanks in advance,
Kimon T.