[netatalk-admins] filemaker trouble

Subject: [netatalk-admins] filemaker trouble
From: Jarrod Stenberg (jarrod@visi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 19:24:10 EST

Using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2 I cannot get Filemaker to work quite
right.

When a file is opened multiuser, the next person to open it should be
started as a guest. However it loads them up as the host. I know older
versions of netatalk didn't do this.

I wonder if it has to do with all the locking features. I wonder if
anyone cares about filemaker. It would be nice if someone did.

I have tried setting the FM4 app to tcp and appletalk on either machine
attempting to use the document. I have set afpd.conf to -tcp, -ddp,
transall and still nothing.

Please help.

-jarrod

p.s. i am very happy with the ~/.passwd feature. My network is being
used by more people now and those clear text passwords where aggrivating
me. Thanks Adrian for all your work.