[netatalk-admins] ad_open perm error ok?

Subject: [netatalk-admins] ad_open perm error ok?
From: Leo Wierzbowski (leow@ufl.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 09:05:58 EST

Hello,

I'm running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2 (pre-7) and when I launch an
application in a write-protected folder, /var/log/messages sez:
afp_openfork: ad_open: Permission denied. In a write-enabled folder
this does not happen. I assume everything is OK and the error msg is a
normal symptom for write-protection, but before I put this into
production, I'd like to verify it really is. Thanks....

--

Sincerely, Leo Wierzbowski

http://grove.ufl.edu/~leo/

"A just law is a man-made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God." (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 1963)

"The University of Florida does not endorse or disendorse the content of this document. Everything is the author's private opinion."