Re: [netatalk-admins] Protocol Errors and more

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Protocol Errors and more
From: Rick Zeman (rzeman@his.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 21:32:44 EST

On 3/3/99 8:56 PM, a sun <asun@saul4.u.washington.edu> said:

> >umm. can't help here. i'm pretty sure netatalk can't generate those by
> >itself.
>
> Good hunch. Turned out to be the ASIP support in the 2.2 kernel. Just
> built a new one without it and no protocol errors.
>
>okay, i'm a little confused here. there's no such thing as
>kernel-level ASIP support. there's AppleTalk support, but that's

Well, in the network device subsection of menuconfig for the 2.2.2 kernel
is an item called "Appletalk-IP driver support" with options for
encapsulating or decpsulating IP.

>worked perfectly fine for me here. btw, if you have a 100BaseT
>network, i would love some performance tests (using something like
>helios lantest) with -DSENDFILE_FLAVOR_LINUX enabled.

Naah, this is my at-home network. 10bt only.

Rick Zeman In our secret world, we will collide
mailto:rzeman@his.com In all of the places we were hiding love
Will Rogers never met Bill Clinton What was it we were thinking of?