[netatalk-admins] Using 2-way encrypted password

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Using 2-way encrypted password
From: Alex Yu (ayu1@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 19:35:44 EST

Hello,

I need help on using 2-way encrypted password. I installed des before I
compiled and install netatalk (lastest version). Then I edited afpd.conf
with -rand2num. My question is why it doesn't work? I tried
login/changepasswd with cleartxt. It works very well. I need to enable
2-way encrypted password but why it just doesn't work? I mean, it keep
telling me that my password is incorrect. Would someone help me out?

I have 2 more questions. Why netatalk only display "server" as an info
string on Chooser? I tried apfd with option -n, but it still display
server as an info string. Also, how can I force a machine with netatalk to
be in a zoon?

Thanks for your help.

Alex