Re: [netatalk-admins] write permission

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] write permission
From: Sascha Knific (knific@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 19:14:30 EST

At 00:16 07.03.99 +0100, Johan Kjellman wrote:
>Hi!

Hi Johan,

>I am new to Linux and Netatalk. Just installed RH 5.2 and netatalk.
>I can se the linux computer in the chooser and i can log in to it. But how
>to i give myself write permission to the shared folder on the linux
>computer?

You have created the the diectory you use for the netatalk volume using
the root account?!!! ;-----)))))

You have to set up write access (rxw) for the direcory you use as mounting
point. If you have already files/dirs in there you have to do the same for
them.

My solution (on RH) is to take the "root" or another admin account as the
owner and"users" as group. Then you just have to add the users to the
group "users".

Voila...

>Johan Kjellman

Good luck..