[netatalk-admins] netatalk, samba, ...

Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk, samba, ...
From: Clemens Schmuck (clemens@DWST22.EDVZ.SBG.AC.AT)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 09:38:59 EST

hello,

this is my first post to the list so dont shoot me if this question has
been here before.

i'm just planning a heterogenous network with mac win and unix machines
(all in all about 30 computers). to easen backup tasks and lower the costs
i think about a central fileserver. linux with samba and netatalk should
do that, but as i heard there ar some problems with this solution ??

my question is has anybody had a simmelar problem, and which sollutions do
you suggest?

thanks for any hint.

clemens

 clemens schmuck - systemadministator
 edv-zentrum universitaet salzburg +43 (0)662 8044 6731
 hellbrunnerstr. 34 clemens@wst.edvz.sbg.ac.at
 5020 salzburg, austria http://www.edvz.sbg.ac.at/~clemens
   get my public key from http://www.edvz.sbg.ac.at/~clemens/pks.html